Unknown post type
And the Monster Movie edition of my #zombie #hockey #darkfantasy #novel is officially on my website, kids. Updated for smoother overall #reading with some added jokes and extra vivid imagery. The first edition still needed some work, but this one’s a lot closer to being up to par with my #writing today. Oh, and there’s STILL a goddamn typo in this fucker (likely more than one) on the first fricken page… So I’ll be correcting that after this first batch is gone making this error batch limited to less than 100 copies. Get yours and…GET BIT!!!
Doing the San Diego Comic Fest next weekend, March 7-10. Anyone going?
Get my Christmas horror stoner comedy here –> Bloodmagik.com <– 🤘💀🤘
Ok, so, the geniuses who printed the book with the (more expensive) soft-touch lamination
didn’t know what the fuck they were doing and scraped the backs of about 100 copies of my (ideally) gorgeous Pure Art edition. Really frustrating stuff considering I specifically designed this edition to be aesthetically badass, making it a collectible not just in number (limited to 500 copies) but in design. They apologized for their lack of competence, of course, and gave a partial refund so I can now afford to sell these copies for much cheaper than the original $24 list price. I just set up the listing on my website to let these marginally damaged copies go for a measly $9.99 a piece so if you’re like me, a bargain shopper, now’s your chance at owning a signed copy of my first ever published work, and in its collectible edition, for less than half its price. The book will still come signed, but not inscribed, and the least damaged ones will go out first. All are 100% readable and still a part of the original, limited-to-500 print-run. Dig in, my dudes. This buy is one for our times (cheap and shoddy, heh.) -cm/z
Get it here –> BloodMagik.Com
Oh, and if you’re new to my blog and don’t know anything about the novel, feel free to look it up on Amazon or B&N to get a “look inside” and other pertinent info. \m/
My FIRST EVER PUBLISHED WORK!
A gory-good zombie-hockey dark, contemporary fantasy fueled by the mind of your fellow tumblrer and overall oddball – ME!
ACTION, COMEDY, GORE, AND FANTASY ALL COLLIDE BETWEEN TWO COVER PAGES TO KNOCK THE CONTEMPORARY ZOMBIE WORLD ON ITS ASS AND OFFER UP AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE TYPICAL, SHUFFLING UNDEAD AND FIGHTING AGAINST FAMINE AND DISEASE. THERE IS NO CONTAGION. THERE ARE NO SQUABBLES BETWEEN THE LIVING FOR SCRAPS OF FOOD AND SHELTER. HUMANS ARE NOT THE MOST CONNIVING OF ADVERSARIES IN THIS UNDEAD WORLD. THESE ZOMBIES ARE NOT DECORATION FOR BACKGROUND HORROR. THEY ARE THE BAD GUYS… EXCEPT FOR THE ONES WHO AREN’T. INDULGE IN A WORLD SO TWISTED THAT MANKIND’S ONLY HOPE MAY IN FACT REST IN THE HANDS OF A CREW OF UNDEAD MISFITS FUELED BY THE RIGHTEOUS RESOLVE OF A CHILD OF BLOOD MAGIK. SUFFICE IT TO SAY, THERE’S A PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THAT EVERYONE IS BASICALLY FUCKED. – excerpt from my website BloodMagik.com
The concept of hockey and zombies speaks for itself to how different this mashup of gore and fantasy is. But to further twist the norm I put together this very limited edition of it as an incentive to buy from the source instead of getting the regular POD edition from Amazon or B&N.
No title, no barcode (so it can’t be sold in stores), no author name or backcover copy – Just ART, through and through.
Get the book TODAY ONLY for Halloween at a special discount price of basically what you’d be paying for any old 6 x 9 paperback off the shelves, but THIS, my devilishly demented minions, is NOT just any ol’ 6 x 9. This is a rare and unique collectible that you can only get from me, the Author (Corwyn Matthew), and that is limited to this first print run of just 500 copies.
So if you can’t make it to any shows or signings I’ll be doing, now is the time to check this twisted trinket off your to-own list. This is a $24 collectible that I’m letting go for 31% off for Halloween, brining it down to just $16.56 + FREE SHIPPING! So treat yourself this Samhain to a darkly fun adventure and possibly a valuable, future collectible while it’s still available. GET BIT and learn more about the novel on –> BloodMagik.com -z/cm/cc
Getting my scribble on today in Point Loma, San Diego, at the Comickaze #book store in Liberty Station for their #WalkingDead event. Me and my boy, #zombie #kyleclifford, will be posted up outside, scrounging for sales. I’ll be letting the limited-to-500, Pure #Art edition of my #hockey #horror #fantasy #novel go for the special event price of just $15, so shoot through and get your signed copy of this unique #collectible. I should be there from 12pm-5pm (don’t hate me if I’m running late 😬). Come hang with an #author and indulge in the ramblings of the philosophy behind my unique brand of #undead. GET BIT!!! Or just buy stuff. 🤘🤘
Doing my first signing in San Diego (Point Loma, Liberty Station) during Comickaze’s The Walking Dead event this Saturday, peddling the limited-to-500 Pure Art edition of my zombie/fantasy book (not the exact one in the pic, but its variant that has nothing but the artwork on the front and back). If anyone is in the area, swing on through and get the book at the Special Event price while there’s still some left. If you can’t make it, checkout out BloodMagik.com to get a signed copy of the “exclusive-to-me” edition. Bookworms are eating this thing up so don’t wait, get yours soon. 😬🤘🤪🤘
Also, please Like & Share this post if you’re in the San Diego are so everyone you know knows it’s going down. Many thanks, zompeeps. See you there! \m/
Got the booth for #YumaCon 90% ready to rock. Mine definitely looks the most beastly so far. 😎 Made it all the way from San Diego to Yuma before realizing I left my banner at home, but found a spot out here that printed a quick one up for me. First noob crises averted. Looking forward to my #booksigning tomorrow and chatting up some fellow #comicgeeks. 6 boxes of #comics and about 30 #comicbook action figures are ready to go. Swing by and get the VERY limited exclusive Pure #Art edition of my #zombie #horror #fantasy #novel while you still can. And if you have kids there will be a fun little gwp for the first 50 or so buys. GET BIT!!! 🧟♂️🧟♀️🧟♂️
…quick words slipped into Blood Magik: Living Hell in LA (Book Three) this morning, getting back to the start of a mid-novel showdown twenty (of my character’s) years in the making. This one has a lot of potential for fantastical, apocalypse-world imagery since it’s taking place in the center of a bit of “terraforming” being orchestrated by the elemental, Raze: one of my demon queen’s twelve elite demons. These extraordinarily powerful entities don’t play too much into the plot, but have a final purpose in the overall story that won’t be revealed until the end of the Blood Magik saga. Until then they’re more like obstacles to have to work around while navigating through the New Hell. And this one is gonna help set the stage for a pretty savage beat-down. Fun times. =D Get in on the growing saga by getting your exclusive, collectible copy of the start of it all on my web page –> BloodMagik.com <– while they’re still discounted. Gonna be doing my first con next weekend in Yuma so it would be safer to get yours now since this edition is extremely limited. Also, follow my personal journey to becoming a better writer. The stuff I put together now is embarrassingly better than what I put together in the first book. Not the story, but the writing. I actually spent over a year updating Book One just so it could come close to what I’m actually capable of now, but compared to Book Three it’s hardly even noticeably the same writer (aside from my cheesy sense of humor). This too can make make Book One even more of a collectible, so don’t wait much longer. The first run will likely be gone soon. \m/
The top 5 things you will NOT FIND in my zombie novel:
1. CORPORATISM: There are no businesses, cooperate superpowers, cooperate lackeys, yes-sir/no-sir, right-away-sir fascism, capitalist greed or anything remotely related to politics or the super rich.
2. DRAMA: Now, this one is more specific, but was a goal of mine to avoid. What I mean by drama is shit like typical “relationship” drama; as in family tension, best friends fighting over a girl, couples fighting over attention, social ranks arguing over who’s right and wrong. These type of things are all generic, everyday, mundane, fucking imbecilic bullshit that writers throw into stories to either act as fillers to kill time, or to “connect” on an emotional level with their readers/viewers. Connecting emotionally is not a bad thing…but when they use the same goddamn bullshit over, and over, and over again it’s just a severe lack of imagination and a waist of time. I was sure not to expend any energy on these types of generic fillers and stick with what actually mattered.
3. ROMEROS: (I’ve heard that term used before to describe typical, brain-dead, shuffling zombies and thought it nailed my point). Not to knock a classic, but the Romero zombie is the most widely used version of the living dead, so I decided to switch it up in all possible aspects. My mythos is entirely my own. My zombies talk. They run. They laugh. They plot, scheme, terrorize, have powers gifted to them through blood magic, do not die when shot in the head, do not turn you with a bite. This is not a disease. This is magic. Fantasy. A twist that has, of course, been done, but seldom to the extent I’m taking it throughout the course of the books. Book One is only the tip of the bloody dagger, my friends. And there are a lot more than zombies running around to contend with in the future of this saga.
4. RELIGION: Ironically enough, considering one of the main characters is an “ex man of the cloth” and the premise of the whole zombie caboodle is a new Hell on Earth, I did my damnedest to leave religion out of it. I wanted to avoid anything that’s been overly used in the genre so there is no religious nut preaching the Word, or references to Satan and the bible’s version of the Apocalypse. I created my own goddamn devil, for shit’s sake, just so I could avoid the one everyone else is going on about. As I said in #3, this mythos is entirely my own, from the bottom up. The only thing borrowed is some of the obvious concepts such as heaven and hell, zombies and demons. But the rest I developed from scratch.
5. AWESOME: Wait, what…? YES…you will not find that fucking word used a single time in my novel. It is disgustingly overused in marketing, dialog and (I know I’m calling out the entire planet here but…) in every day exchanges. This goddamn word haunts me at every flick of the station, every casual conversation, every episode or contemporary story. It is a “safe” word (not to be confused with a “safe-word”) that is put in place of a more creative or “vulgar” one to express excitement. It’s what we say to little kids because we’re not comfortable blurting out “that’s fucking badass, little dude, yeah!”. Sure, there is a time and place for that word, but it is NOT in a goddamn zombie novel.
So these are a few (of many) of the things I did differently to be sure my zombie story was unlike any other. To learn more about the book and how you can get your limited-to-500 Pure Art edition (signed by moi), slide on over to BloodMagik.com and poke around a bit. Check out the “Take A Taste” link to sample the prologue, or the “Our Story” link to read more about my philosophy behind creating it. For the ebook (for a limited time) use codeword GoPriestsGo to get the download for a price of YOUR CHOOSING. And, don’t worry, I’m really eager to get this out to as many people as possible so it is PERFECTLY OK TO ONLY PAY A PENNY. This is the first book in (hopefully) a saga, so I’m more than willing to give it away for practically free. The more people who read it the better. If you like what you’ve read here, please REBLOG. And, as always, thanks for being a part of the New Hell, my ornery zomfolks.
GET BIT!!! -z/cm